Monthy Update by The Club President.
Greetings Fellow Hornets…
As you are aware, the Hornet’s 2017/18 season is now well underway. We have certainly set ourselves a challenge, that of joining the B.C.R.U. Premier League and I can assure you that although we have encountered one or two teething problems, we are progressing well.
To date we have not achieved a victory but it will come. Player numbers are increasing weekly and the attitude of the players is positive.
This season the club is fielding:
1. A Premier Men’s Team
2. A Premier Reserve Team
3. A Women’s Team (Division 1)
4. An U/18 Girls Team
5. The development of a U/14 Boys Team
6. A Golden Oldies Team (Over 40)
7. Minis Rugby
8. A partnership with V.I.U. which sees their players involved at Premier & Premier Reserve league, as well as participating in a University Rugby Competition.
With so many players actively involved at the club, it stretches our facility at times but certainly bodes well for the club’s future.
The involvement of our Senior Men’s Team at Premier level has seen a big increase in the commitment expected of both the players and executive alike. The support of our Sponsors is crucial to our programme’s success and on behalf of the Club, I would like to thank these businesses/individuals again for their support.
This year we have 4 types of membership:
1. Players Membership – you can sign up through our website;
2. Social Membership $100.00 – you can sign up through our website. This is a full club membership which includes voting rights.
3. Supporter’s Club Membership $50.00 – pay at the Club. This allows you full use of the club facility, i.e. bar and does not give you voting rights.
4. Alumni Membership $100.00 – you can sign up through our website and obtain further details there.
MEMBERSHIP DRAW. This year every financial member of the club, as mentioned above, will be issued a numbered Membership Card. Once a month on the last Thursday we will be having a lucky member’s draw after training. The winner will receive a $50 bar tab. If not claimed (you have to be present to win it), the prize will Jackpot to the next month (i.e. $100).
See you on the 26th of October after training for our 1st draw!
Our website is now being looked after by Harrison King and we thank him for taking on this role.
Finally, next week our boys are away to C.W. Our next home fixture will be on the 28th of October. See you at the Club.